Callsigns starting with " G"
- Female pilot, also known as "gigs" always laughed in formation. Not necissarily laughing at anything in particular, just laughed.
- He was a suck-up to the CO from the day he checked in to his first fleet squadron. Gilligan was the "Skipper's little buddy." [Ed. note: from the TV show "Gilligan's Island"]
- My last name is pronounced along the lines of "bat sh*t" which led to bat sh*t crazy"... My Chief wouldn't let them call me "bat sh*t" so they decided on a pc version.
- Typical multi faceted call sign story started out with the CO making fun of the fact I always used my middle intital, which was G. Then as flight school progressed, and comparisons were made on the number of G's that were sustained during training exercises, mine were always among the highest, even when the exercise did not warrant such extreme maneuvers. The name G Man stuck and became my call sign.
- Pilot blacked out on his first flight during training, to the amusement of the instructor.
- Pronounced "Gee eleven" but written as G11.Pilot of Italian decent. Last name was a "G" followed by eleven letters and seldom, if ever, pronounced correctly.
- While TDY to Tyndall I had a string of 13 Ground Aborts in a row. Hence the name Ground Abort Bit!@ Boy (GABBBOY.) I complained about it every day during the TDY hence the 3rd B. Thanks Rude Dawg.
- Got A$$ Beat By Enlisted. Officer who had one too many at the enlisted club and decided to butt in on someone elses date. Pronounced Gabby.
- In pilot training I got named Gadget because I usually carried in my flight kit all the items my crew mates didn't, such as plotters, color pencils, calculator, ... , kleenex, aspirins, snacks, etc.
- Last name is Cox, and was stationed in South Carolina, so it worked out perfectly.
Gameshow(Video) Why can’t NATO give F-16s to Ukraine?
- Before becoming a demonstration pilot in the T-6A, I spent two years as the team's airshow narrator. In trying to keep up with the other "colorful" narrators out there, I really played up the speaking and was told by my crew chiefs that "if the flying gig doesn't work out for you, you'll always be ready to work as a gameshow host". The other pilots heard it, and there it stuck. Even though my last name is Rambo, I still ended up with Gameshow.
- During IRAQI FREEDOM our OG demanded quiet in the mission planning cell during pre-takeoff briefs. This went on for several weeks and with each turn he got more and more frustrated by the interruptions until one day he'd had enough, stopped the briefing, and summarily fired the chief planner and then threatened similar actions for the rest of us. Someone later said he looked just like Al Capone. One of our life support troops overheard that and said, "yeah, he's a real gangsta." It stuck.
- One night out having dinner with some buddies, they decided to rag me about my dating style. At the time I had a different date every time they saw me out, which was a lot. To defend myself, I took a paper napkin and drew a GANTT chart to illustrate the complexities of my dating lifestyle, and to hopefully vindicate myself in the process (I was a business major in college). I put the initials of the guys I dated on the Y-axis and the months of the year on the X-axis. When I was finished drawing the bars on the graph, four of them overlapped. From then on I was known as GANTT.
- People who always have the right answer and the smartest of everybody
- Couldn't keep his booze
- a guy at TopGun in 92, LT 'Gasm' Orr
- Was TDY to Nellis and he was arrested by the SP's for throwing beer bottles in the urinal - so gator stands for Got Arrested Trashing O-club Restroom.
- Guy was a huge University of Florida fan.
- We were TDY in Florida and always hung at this sports bar called Gators Dockside. The bar had two stuffed gators, one up on it's back legs and tail like it was jumpin outa the water the other was on all fours on the ground with its mouth open. One night after a long round of drinkin my buddy told me to wrestle the gator so thinkin he meant the one standing up I ran full speed at that joker not knowing it was very secure to the floor. I bounced so hard off that thing I flew back five feet and hit a table knockin all their drinks to the floor. After apologizing to the manager and buyin several rounds for the table behind us my buddy informed me he meant the bastard gator on the floor. Name stuck ever since.
- Get Back In The; Female Pilot; Last Name "Kitchen"
- Shouldn't be too hard to figure out. My sign is a reminder not to forget a little detail I once missed in the simulator. Thanks Buddies.
- S-3 Aviator ... last name: Simmons
Genesis(Video) The Insane Engineering of the F-35B
- His name is Phil Collins, so it was an obvious choice when the time came to name him.
- New Panton flight doc in the mid-80s. Kadena had just gone through their little homo pilot incident and the 67th Fighting Cocks were at the Kun supporting the Fiend's ORI. Cock flight doc just happened to visit the Panton doc while he was assessing a patient with a rectal foreign body. The patient was a crew chief and the FO was inanimate but by the time the story got back to the LPA and the 10% rule was applied, it was all over for the flight doc who forever more became Gerbil.
- Last name Love...
- 'Mark 'Ghandi' Hebein, he was called so because he once rain to a little field of hot, burning ash barefooted! It was to compare him with Mahatma Ghandi.....'Ghandi, the firewalker!' You might know that is a sort of ritual in India to cross a field of ash barefooted to show that man can withstand pain.'
- last name was Casper
- Always had a bad habit of coming out of nowhere and scaring the crap out of everybody. Several references were made at how I could pass through walls and just materalize without a sound, and my very pale skin, so several people started calling me a "ghost" and the name stuck.
- I threw out my back while lifting weights three days before my naming. Stands for "Gets Hurt On Squat Training".
- Last name Buster
- Think milf
- Last name Hole
- In training I ended up with a really bad haircut and no time to get it fixed before inspection. It looked rough with little patches of bald spots which someone said looked like the greens of a golf course. It took forever and tons of free drinks to get it changed to Killer Wolf.
- Dubbed by the dedicated men I commanded in the mid 70's! I frequently used the phrase "You Gotta Love It" which abbreviated was GoLI, thus the name! Eventually turning into Col GOLI...Great Memories...
Gonzo(Video) F-16s to Ukraine a Gamechanger? | Mover Mailbag 6-1-23 with Wombat
- Squadron Commander in Korea. The guy had a huge hooked nose like the Muppet, "The Great Gonzo"...
- He slipped on large bird shit in Korea, when he arose, he said to the girls, take me to bed or lose me forever. he had too much soju. It later stuck when it was discovered he was a back seater in F-4s like Goose from top gun....except that he lived and retired after 24 yrs in Fighters.
- Used to be in the special forces and spent lots and lots of time under ground....
- This guy was taking off the CSD/ADG door, cause he dropped a chip detector and couldn't find it, and he didn't leave any screws in the door to keep it steady. Well one of the screws got stuck up under the jet and he went to get it unstuck....well it popped out and then gravity took over. The door came down and it caught him off guard and it slapped him in the forehead. One of the screws cut into his forehead and caused about an inch gash. Then somebody mentioned that it reminded him of Mikhail Gorbachev. And that's how he got that name.
- Last name: Morehead
- Had sex in a government vehicle and was caught by my squadmates.
- Flight Doc. Enough said.
- We had a female in my last squadron... callsign Grass. It was a combination of Great and a$$.
- My name's THYS... I was initially called TYSON, but it sounded "too cool" to my instructors. So they named me GRAT for grat-thys, or gratis, like "for free". I think it must be one of the stupidest plays on words ever, but it ended up sticking.
- Ok, I'm just a paraglider pilot, here in Hungary, and didn't even my pilot fellas give me the nickname but it is because I'm still 19 and my hair is getting grey... I know it sucks, but at least sounds great.
- Anyone in our squadron who had to answer the call of nature (number 2) while flying got "Dog" appended to their callsign
- A man that looks like death, without the knife and all.
Grip(Video) Testing the Aggressive Design of the US F-22 to its Extreme Limit
- As in "get a grip." Wrote a letter to my sponsor, "Biggus" before getting assigned to the 36 FS "Fiends" in 1990, asking him to take care of a few things for me ahead of time.
- Very unpublicized prank involving a tranquilized bear and the mess.You can figure it out for yourself.
- After Groucho Marx!
- In my previous occupation as a security officer working at music festivals all over the country, UK based I got to know the lads quickly and got on well with the supervisors and the boss off the company I worked for who always went to work the festivals with us used to call me Grovesy (My surname is Groves) that name stuck and eventually became my radio call sign used to shout me over the radio where ever we worked and I now use it as my callsign in flight sims when flying fighter jets.
- Not a morning person, and not too tall either. One of Snowwhite's seven dwarfs.
- The guy was quite drunk in a bar, met a girl and subsequently vomited....in her designer purse. Apparently it was a Gucci purse.
- My hero was Steve Bales, a NASA guidance officer. He was a GUIDO -- "guide - oh". He was the GUIDO on duty in the control room who called "Go" for Neil and Buzz to continue landing Apollo 11 on the Moon, through the guidance radar failures and landing computer crashes.I got named after him, and thought it was pretty cool.Only later did I realize that when it's spelled out, nobody says "guide-oh" -- and I became Guido the Italian.
- It's a FSX callsign but bear with me. I was training a student how to fly and land the F-18. On the second or third lesson, he landed gear up. Hence GULP (Gear up Landing Pilot). Now most people would only make that mistake once, however on the final checkride (after a dual engine failure) he forgot to drop the gear again. Earning him the callsign GULP.
- I once had my 9mm go off on base, not fun!
- A lot of young "sticks" ran out to spend their new found wealth on mag wheels, stereos, cameras, etc. I had an affinity for civilian Italian styled clothes. Guess that made me appear as a miniture mobster of some sort. My buds began calling me Guido that was later shorten to Gweed. After Fighter Lead-In school, I loved the call "Gweed's got the lead." Great also during a game of CRUD.
- Garbage,Gibber,Gigs,Glance,Goatman,Gobbler,Gold,Gonzo,Goody,Googoo,Gooher,Gordog,Gozur,Gramps,Grin,Gringo,Grit,Grits,Griz,Gruv,Guido,Gums,Gun One,Gunner,Guns,GusHall,...
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | New
Submit a Callsign
The F-22 Raptor is the most powerful air superiority fighter in the world, while the F-35 is probably the most advanced multi-role fighter right now. That means that the Raptor is more effective in air-to-air combats (faster and could operate at higher altitude).Is the F-16 better than the F-35? ›
The F-35 has far greater speed and manoeuvrability capabilities compared to the F-16. Its advanced avionics system allows pilots to locate and identify threats, helping them act fast and precisely in combat situations.What is the difference between F-16 and F-22? ›
The F-22 and the F-35 are the world's finest fifth-generation fighter jets with stealth capabilities, whereas the F-16 is one of the lightest and most maneuverable single-engine combat aircraft.How fast is the F-16 compared to the F-35? ›
Speed & Range. Surprisingly, the F-16 Fighting Falcon is faster than the F-35. The F-16 reaches max speeds of Mach 2 while the more recent F-35 Lightning II is less impressive at Mach 1.6.What is the most advanced fighter jet in the US? ›
F-35 Lightning II
The F-35 strengthens national security, enhances global partnerships and powers economic growth. As the most lethal, survivable and connected fighter jet in the world, the F-35 gives pilots the critical advantage against any adversary, enabling them to execute their mission and come home safe.
He added that while the MiG-29 has "superior nose-pointing capabilities" when flying at less than 200 knots, F-16s "excel" in such capabilities at speeds above 200 knots. "The turn rate on F-16 is significantly better," he said.Is SU 57 better than F-35? ›
The Su-57 is literally thousands of times larger on radar than American jets like the F-35 and F-22. Any holes or gaps in the exterior shell of a stealth aircraft can dramatically increase its detectability.Has an F-16 lost a dogfight? ›
F-16s have been used by the United States in Afghanistan since 2001. One USAF F-16 fighter was lost during the operations in Afghanistan: on 3 April 2013 a USAF F-16 crashed near Bagram Airfield in eastern Afghanistan's Parwan province killing its pilot.Is MiG 29 better than F-16? ›
Below 200 knots, the MiG-29 has incredible nose-pointing capability down to below 100 knots. The F-16, however, enjoys an advantage in the 200 knot-plus regime. At higher speeds, we can power above them to go to the vertical. And our turn rate is significantly better.
The F-22 engines produce more thrust than any current fighter engine. The combination of sleek aerodynamic design and increased thrust allows the F-22 to cruise at supersonic airspeeds (greater than 1.5 Mach) without using afterburner -- a characteristic known as supercruise.What is the most advanced version of the F-16? ›
The F-16 Block 70/72, also referred to as the F-16V, is the latest and most sought-after version of the fighter – although Ukraine would receive an older version if the transfer of NATO fighter jets were to be approved. It is a fourth-generation multirole aircraft, targeted primarily at export customers.Can F-35 beat F 15? ›
F-35: The Verdict. By all accounts, the F-15 is highly capable and extremely advanced aircraft. However, when you compare the fighter to the F-35 Lightning II, it's impossible to dismiss the tremendous avionics and stealth capabilities. The F-35 is harder to detect and competes with other 5th generation fighters.Can the F-35 go supersonic? ›
The F-35 can only tolerate supersonic speeds at high altitudes for short bursts before it sustains lasting structural damage and the loss of stealth capabilities. During high speeds, the jet's stealth coating, which makes it invisible to radar, is known to bubble. There are currently no plans to correct the problem.Why the F-35 is the best fighter jet? ›
The F-35's aligned edges, reduced engine signature, internal carriage of weapons and fuel and embedded sensors all contribute to its unique stealth performance. With stealth designed in from day one, the F-35 has an unmatched ability to evade enemy detection and enter contested airspace.What is the most feared U.S. fighter jet? ›
The F-15 is a legend. The F-15 Eagle and its variants are some of the most capable jet fighters ever. McDonnell Douglas created and produced it primarily as an air superiority tactical fighter.What country has the most advanced military jets? ›
The United States of America maintains the strongest Air Force in the world by an impressive margin. As of late 2021, the United States Air Force (USAF) is composed of 5217 active aircraft, making it the largest, the most technologically advanced, and the most powerful air fleet in the world.What is the fastest U.S. production fighter jet? ›
With the MiG-25 having been practically retired, and the MiG-31 facing a speed limit of Mach 1.5 imposed by the latest modernizations, the F-15 is technically the fastest fighter jet in service in terms of currently deployed aircraft.Why didn t they use F-22 in Top Gun? ›
The F-22 Is Used By The U.S. Air Force, Not The Navy
Top Gun and its sequel are set in the Navy. However, the F-22 is used by the Air Force, an entirely separate institution. As such, it would have made no sense for Maverick to pilot an F-22 of the aircraft in Top Gun: Maverick.
Hellcats were credited with 5,223 kills, more than any other Allied naval aircraft.
A second U-2 pilot normally "chases" each landing in a high-performance vehicle, assisting the pilot by providing radio inputs for altitude and runway alignment. These characteristics combine to earn the U-2 a widely accepted title as the most difficult aircraft in the world to fly.Why does Ukraine want F-16? ›
Why does Ukraine want them so much? The F-16 has both offensive and defensive capabilities. In the short term, Ukrainian officials say, F-16s and other advanced Western fighter jets are needed to enhance air defenses, since frequent barrages of Russian missiles are exhausting Kyiv's existing ground-launched systems.Has the US ever shot down a MiG-29? ›
Six MiG-29s were shot down during the NATO intervention in the Kosovo War, three by USAF F-15s, one by a USAF F-16, and one by a Royal Netherlands Air Force F-16. However, one aircraft, according to its pilot, was hit by friendly fire from the ground. Another four were destroyed on the ground.Who would win in a dogfight an F-16 or an F-15? ›
The F-15 is considered to have a higher durability and stronger air-to-air combat capabilities than the F-16 due to its heavy armor and upgraded avionics systems.Can a F 14 beat a Su-57? ›
The Su-57's higher operational altitude and superior flight performance all around will further disadvantage the F-14, leading to an entirely one sided engagement.Can Russian radar detect F-35? ›
A very advanced Russian Very High Frequency (VHF) Band Active Electronically Steered Array (AESA) radar, claimed to be capable of detecting even low-observable targets like F-35 stealth aircraft, seems to have been destroyed in Ukraine.What is Russia's equivalent to the F-35? ›
However sophisticated these aircraft are, they may still be vulnerable to air defenses in part because they lack stealth. One of the things that springs to mind is Russia's fleet of Su-57s, their fifth generation stealth fighter jets intended to rival the F-35.Has a F-22 ever been shot down? ›
The Chinese surveillance balloon that an F-22 shot down on February 4 showed up amid heightened tensions between Washington and Beijing, the latter of which has been operating a global network of such balloons across five continents, the Pentagon said.Has an F-22 ever been in a real dogfight? ›
After $67 billion and more than 20 years, the F-22 finally won a dogfight against an unarmed, nearly immobile opponent. When it officially entered military service in 2005, the U.S. Air Force hailed the F-22 Raptor as an "exponential leap in warfighting capabilities."Has an F-16 ever shot down? ›
The pilot survived. May 2, 2005 – 2 F/A-18 Hornets of VMFA-323 are shot down by Iraqi/Al-Qaeda Insurgents over south-central Iraq. Both pilots killed. November 27, 2006- An F-16 Fighting Falcon was shot down by Al-Qaeda/Iraqi insurgents in Fallujah while on a low-altitude ground-strafing run.
Like the F-16, the Sukhoi Su-35 is a multi-role fighter. A twin-engine, single-seat aircraft, it is described as "Russia's signature heavy fighter bomber" by the RAND Corporation think tank. While the F-16 can reach Mach 2, or twice the speed of sound, Russian sources say the Su-35 has a maximum speed of Mach 2.25.Is the SU 57 superior to the F 22? ›
In comparison to the F-22 Raptor, the Su-57's 3D thrust vectoring control capability is thought to be superior. The Su-57 is a fifth-generation multirole fighter aircraft and the first operational stealth aircraft for the Russian armed forces.What U.S. aircraft is comparable to MiG-29? ›
As a fourth-generation jet, entering service with the Soviet Union in the early 1980s, it was designed to be able to compete with the US F-16 and F-15 fighters of the same era.Why is the F-22 being retired? ›
The Air Force proposed retiring the training F-22s in its fiscal year 2024 budget request because they no longer accurately represent the frontline Block 35, which is the combat-coded and -configured version of the fighter.Why doesn t Navy use F-22? ›
Richard Dunleavy, the man responsible for outlining the Navy's requirements for a new fighter, was quoted as saying that he didn't see any way the F-22 could be incorporated into an affordable plan for Naval aviation. As a result, the NATF-22 concept was dropped in early 1991.How many F-15 jets are going to be replaced by F-22? ›
The F-22, introduced in 2005, was meant to replace F-15 Eagles, but onlt 187 of them were built. The F-22s that were built are highly capable — good enough in fact that one can take on five F-15s.Is the F 18 Super Hornet better than the F-16? ›
The F-18 has some advantages in combat that the F-16 cannot match. It has the ability to take off from aircraft carriers, allowing a more tactical insert into the battle-space. In addition, the F-18 has a longer combat radius of 400 to 500 nautical miles, as opposed to the F-16's combat radius of 296 nautical miles.How many F-16 does U.S. have? ›
One of the most versatile aircraft in the U.S. Air Force inventory, the F-16 Fighting Falcon has been the mainstay of the Air Force aerial combat fleet. With over 1,000 F-16s in service, the platform has been adapted to complete a number of missions, including air-to-air fighting, ground attack and electronic warfare.What plane will replace the F 18? ›
The Boeing F/A-18E/F Super Hornet strike fighter is going out of production in 2025, after 26 years. The Super Hornet was designed as a bigger, beefier Hornet. Super Hornets in service today will be replaced by the F-35 and the Navy's upcoming sixth-generation fighter.Can F-35 shoot down F-22? ›
Yes, lots of them. Most 4th-gen aircraft out there are a threat to an F-22 if the conditions are right. Rafales, Eurofighter Typhoons, J-20s, and Su-35s are just a few of the planes that could potentially shoot down an F-22. And let's not forget the S-400 air defense system.
The F-35 includes a host of electronic warfare and sensor systems that give it additional capabilities compared to the F-22, such as the ability to counter anti-aircraft systems and provide better surveillance and target acquisition. This can give the F-35 a decisive advantage in highly aggressive environments.Has the F-15 ever been shot down in combat? ›
25 July 1980: F-15A, 76-0013, of the 525th TFS, 36th TFW, USAF, crashed near Spangdahlem, West Germany. 21 January 1981: F-15B, 77-0164, of the 57th FWW, USAF, destroyed in a mid-air collision with an F-5E. Both crew killed as well as F-5E crew.Why can't the F-35 fly in the rain? ›
Thanks to a compromised ability to render their fuel tanks inert, F-35A Lighting IIs can't fly within 25 miles of a thunderstorm or other atmospheric electrical activity.What are the weaknesses of the F-35? ›
The F-35 has been troubled by "problems with its stealth coating, sustained supersonic flight, helmet-mounted display, excessive vibration from its cannon, and even vulnerability to being hit by lightning," Business Insider reports.Can the F-35 Dogfight? ›
The F-35A is also the only one of the three Joint Strike Fighter iterations to carry an onboard 25mm GAU-22/A four-barrel Gatling gun, making it best suited for the close-quarters dogfights these exercises were meant to replicate.How many F 35s does the United States have? ›
The mistake we make when comparing stealth jets
The United States still maintains the largest stealth fleets in the world, with more than 450 F-35s, around 150 F-22s, and 19 B-2 Spritis in active service.
The F-35B has special modifications that allow it to take off and land vertically like a helicopter.What country has the best fighter jet? ›
For starters, the United States is often considered supreme in terms of producing highly sophisticated aircraft, like fighter jets. The F-15 Eagle, F-16 Fighting Falcon, F-18 Super Hornet, and F-22 Raptor are just a few examples of top fighters.Can anything beat the F-22? ›
The F-22 cannot be matched by any known or projected fighter aircraft. A combination of sensor capability, integrated avionics, situational awareness, and weapons provides first-kill opportunity against threats.Is the F-22 more stealth than the F-35? ›
The F-22 is stealthier overall by about one order of magnitude in RCS. The F-35 is quite close to the F-22 in head-on RCS (within about a factor of 2), but variably less stealthy in other aspects. EDIT: The USAF Brass have admitted that the F-35 is stealthier overall than the F-22.
After $67 billion and more than 20 years, the F-22 finally won a dogfight against an unarmed, nearly immobile opponent. When it officially entered military service in 2005, the U.S. Air Force hailed the F-22 Raptor as an "exponential leap in warfighting capabilities."Is the F-22 more expensive than the F-35? ›
Another key difference between the two aircraft is their cost. The F-22 Raptor is significantly more expensive than the F-35 Lightning II, with a unit cost of approximately $150 million compared to the F-35's unit cost of approximately $89 million.Can F-35 beat F-15? ›
F-35: The Verdict. By all accounts, the F-15 is highly capable and extremely advanced aircraft. However, when you compare the fighter to the F-35 Lightning II, it's impossible to dismiss the tremendous avionics and stealth capabilities. The F-35 is harder to detect and competes with other 5th generation fighters.Why is the U.S. getting rid of the F-22? ›
The U.S. Air Force can't use its F-22 Block 20 jets in conflict—because it would require too much effort and cost too much to get the aircraft ready for battle, a top service official said. “They will never be a part of the combat force.Is SU-57 better than F-35? ›
The Su-57 is literally thousands of times larger on radar than American jets like the F-35 and F-22. Any holes or gaps in the exterior shell of a stealth aircraft can dramatically increase its detectability.Which is better Chinese J 20 stealth fighter or F-22? ›
This disparity results in a massive range difference, as the J-20 is listed as having a range nearly 3,000 km farther than the F-22. The spec sheet says the J-20 can travel to ranges of 5,926km, a range which puts Taiwan well within reach of mainland China, whereas the F-22 is slated as having a range of 2,963km.What is better than the F-35? ›
The Su-57 is capable of reaching speeds of over Mach 2 (at altitude) and Mach 1.3 (in super-cruise). Meanwhile, the F-35 only reaches max speeds of Mach 1.6 (1,119 mph). Therefore, the Su-57 has the capability of striking first and then escaping before the F-35 can catch up.Which country has the best air superiority? ›
The United States of America maintains the strongest Air Force in the world by an impressive margin. As of late 2021, the United States Air Force (USAF) is composed of 5217 active aircraft, making it the largest, the most technologically advanced, and the most powerful air fleet in the world.How many F 15 jets are going to be replaced by F-22? ›
The F-22, introduced in 2005, was meant to replace F-15 Eagles, but onlt 187 of them were built. The F-22s that were built are highly capable — good enough in fact that one can take on five F-15s.Which fighter jet has the most kills? ›
Hellcats were credited with 5,223 kills, more than any other Allied naval aircraft.
The F/A-XX is expected to be the manned fighter component and centerpiece of the Navy's Next Generation Air Dominance (NGAD) family of systems. Although identically named and sharing some technology developments, this program is distinct from the U.S. Air Force's NGAD sixth-generation fighter program.How many F-35 does the U.S. have? ›
The United States still maintains the largest stealth fleets in the world, with more than 450 F-35s, around 150 F-22s, and 19 B-2 Spritis in active service.How many F-22 Raptors does America have? ›
The Air Force currently has 185 F-22 Raptors. One of the little known facts about the F-22, however, is that just 123 jets are in the primary mission aircraft inventory, meaning they are actually capable of combat.